Friday, May 31, 2013

Connor graduated preschool - take 3.

Finally after 3 years of preschool Connor gets to move on to kindergarten. I'd be lying if I said I was excited. I am actually really nervous. Nervous for him, and for me. We've lived a pretty laid back life, never having many commitments, not much of a schedule, and sleeping in until 8:30-9am most days. Now I realize it's just kindergarten, but it's just the gateway of what's to come! Carpools, schedules, late night homework, projects- school is a major commitment!

Connor says when he thinks about kindergarten he gets butterflies in his tummy (I don't think he means excited butterflies, I think they are the scared ones). He is super ready for kindergarten, actually he could probably keep up with most 1st and 2nd graders. But he has become pretty complacent with being at home with me. I am sooooo glad we got one extra year with him because of his October bday missing the cutoff, however I think in some ways it may have hindered him instead of helped him. He has more fears now than he used to.

Connor has gone to Smart Little You preschool for 2 years now. His preschool teach Miss Julene is the BEST! She is Mother Goose! She will be teaching 1st grade at the charter school Connor will be going to ( i hope so badly he gets her for 1st grade). The motto for Connor's preschool was "I can do hard things." This summer we will have to work on that, Connor has a lack of confidence, he is timid and shy. I worry that he will get pushed around a bit. Oh, I worry so much. He will do great, he will do great.... Breathe! ;)







2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sophie will be going on year 3 of preschool this year, but I'm going to homeschool her because our choices of preschool in Germany are ... lacking. She's a mid-September birthday so I know what you mean. I worry about her going into real school because she is shy, too. But she's so ready for it. I really wanted to homeschool her this year because I have realized that this is my LAST year with her home before we get whisked away into the world of school and that scares me! I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle it so I can prepare myself!

idaho grandma said...

Congratulations Connor!!! Grandpa and I are so proud of you. We can't believe you are going to be a Kindergartener!!!!! Love you
Buddy!!!