Connor is attending a fantastic charter school. 2 nights before school started we got a call that there was an opening in AM kindergarten (he was in PM)! So we switched. We went to a Meet and Greet on Friday before school started. Connor's teacher Mrs Moore is amazing, everyone says she is the best. We agree, she will be so good for Connor. We walked around the campus, Connor held my hand so tight, he was so nervous. But by the first day he was pretty excited.
Getting to school on Monday morning proved to be a bit of a challenge. It flooded the night before and most roads were closed. There was only one semi open road and we drove through some pretty deep water to get him there.
We walked him into his classroom and he sat down on the little mat. We may have lingered just a little too long, i could see his eyes starting to turn red, so we quickly ran out. I felt sooo sad to walk away and leave him there. We both went to pick him up so we could hear all about his day. He got in the car with a big smile and he said he had the best.day.ever. He loves it! He has said multiple times he wishes he could go to ALL day kindergarten. I am glad he doesn't, I still need my little buddy with me (even though he has been EXTRA grouchy these last 2 weeks!). He has 3 kids from our ward in his class.
AM kindergarten has worked out pretty good. I overheard Connor telling grandma Denise on the 1st day that he had to wake up in the middle of the night to get ready for school. I woke him up at 7:20am; but to my kids (and me) that is the middle of the night. Ryan takes Connor to school most days on his way to work. Connor loves the bonding time and they make up songs on the way to school. The kids and I pick him up at 11:30. I was nervous about the distance of the school and driving back-and-forth twice a day. But it isn't bad. It takes about 10-12 minutes to get there, picking him up is the highlight of the day.
Oh yeah, I LOVE uniforms!!! It is sooo nice not having to worry about what he is going to wear. And I think he looks so gosh darn cute!
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Connor look so big in these pictures! I too love the uniforms. I wish we had uniforms so bad. It would be so much easier!! I'm glad he is liking school. I'm sure he will have a great year!
So adorable!
Ha ha I love my facebook post is in this blog :) And I agree Connor is SO cute!
Post a Comment