Monday, September 16, 2013

The wall

I have a love hate relationship with paint. I don't like to paint, but I like paint. I plan these projects in my head and think it shouldn't take too long. And really, the painting part doesn't take too long. It's the prep, then all the cutting in, and the clean up-ugh. We still have several rooms in our house (Connor's bathroom, laundry room, our room and bathroom) that are still white. Those rooms probably should have had priority over a re-paint; but did you see the green in the nook? Blah.

We planned and painted nook the same color as the rest of the house, so original huh? Ryan and I tag teamed the room in 1 nap time. While we were painting I thought a stencil would be cute. I found a link on Pinterest and ordered the stencil. The stencil arrive and the pattern was opposite of what I thought it'd be. So instead of painting a white design onto the tan; the wall needed to be white then paint tan on. Lame, now i had to tape and repaint a wall white. I pretty much lost interest in the project, but still did it.

Once i started i could immediately tell it was going to be cute. It wasn't as hard, and didn't take as long as I thought. The tricky parts were the corners where the wall meets another wall, that made it a little more time consuming. But so worth it!! It turned out so cute.













5 comments:

Cassie said...

That looks amazing!!

Neal said...

That's really cute! Good job....Once you're done with your house you should totally come do ours....so get on it already okay;)

idaho grandma said...

Love it!!!! I didn't even know you we're going to do that. I can't wait to see it for real! I really liked the green,but this is so much prettier.

idaho grandma said...

Love Benson standing with Ryan's golf club. He is getting too big!

Jen said...

Steph....I love this!!!! I need to come see it in person. :) Jen J