Friday, April 17, 2015

The in between

After my parents left and before Florida we had a week. And in that week we ...

Swam.

We had a garage sale. My only customers were Sadie and Benny. Not really, but just about. I think I sold maybe 10 things totaling $85 bucks. If anyone knows me knows I have a major garage sale phobia. So this was a major stretch. I just think it's awkward. It's awkward to walk on people's driveways, it's awkward to pick up their stuff then set it down and feel like you have to give a reason why you don't want their overly priced item that is worth more to them than you. Eye contact is awkward. I think I heard of a study done one time. They split a room into two groups and gave everyone on one side a ceramic mug and the other side nothing. Then they asked the side with the mug to put a value on what they'd sell it for. And asked the other side to pick a price they'd buy it for. While the mug side asked $3ish for it the buying side offered 50cents. Naturally when something belongs to you it has a higher value. Anywho. DI got a lot of nice baby stuff that afternoon.
Obviously you can tell Sadie was not happy I was selling her stuff.

The same weekend of the garage sale Connor and Ryan went on a Fathers & Son's campout to the sand dunes.



We had a dust storm? I didn't know you could forecast dust. But it did.

Connor got an accelerated reader award at school :). He is supposed to be reading 3 grade books now. He's such a smarty pants!!

We did our nails...

And caught up on our sleep for Florida....

No comments: