Friday, November 16, 2007
Needy Baby
So, Connor has colic really bad in the evenings and he just doesn't want to be put down. In fact the only reason I am able to write this post is cause i put him in his carseat and drove him around until he fell alseep. Needless to say he is still in his carseat, and we have been home for an hour. Wow it is weird not jumping, swaying, rocking, walking a baby around right now...nice break. Has anyone had any experience with colic? I would love some suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh! Steph! I'm sorry! Brielle had some colic when she was a newborn too. I used Mylicon. Have you tried that? I also used to rub her belly and I made sure to burp her everytime after she ate, sometimes it's hard though because they fall asleep but that really, really helped. Sometimes she had all that gas, she just had to burp it out. The other thing I have heard of, but never tried myself is something called "Gripe Water", I have heard it is awesome! I would do some research though in the internet and ask your pediatrician about it. I don't think it would harm the baby in any way, it's a natural water. Anyway, I hope it works out. It can be very draining to have to keep him comforted all day. I hope you find something that will works for him!:)
I have also heard very good things about the gripe water. I have never seen it and don't know where to get it, but I hear it helps. I wish I was there to give you a break!! They do grow out of it, but I can only imagine how draining that can be. I will ask around and see if anyone I know has any suggestions...good luck! Let me know if you need anything.
i heard the "colic" hold is comforting for babies with colic. so you put them face down on your forearm so their legs straddle your forearm and your palm grips their face/neck. does that make sense? i hear that if you hold them like that it helps...but you're still having to hold them. good luck! i know it's hard and it probably will be for the next couple weeks, but it does get better, i promise! just hang in there! oh, you should also try webmd.com. i love that site. i go to the message boards under parenting...there's a newborn-3 month old board and they might have some good suggestions. you'll have to sign up, but it's free. i found that super helpful the first 3 months!
We used mylicon, driving around, and also the dryer. We would strap Kenna and Charly in the car seat and put them on the dryer. It worked. I wish you luck.
Post a Comment