Wednesday, February 25, 2009

THE DIAMONDS

A few weeks ago Ryan's grandparents, Al and Sharla, stopped in Las Vegas on their way to AZ for a few days before heading off to Mexico for their yearly vacation! This was the first time they had been to our house! They arrived just in time to help Ryan put our new BBQ together, but afterwards we got to enjoy the fruits of their labor with Filet Mignon, mmm mmmm good! We of course played cards (31, 99, hand & foot and...hhhmmm, I can't remember the name of the other one), ate Cafe Rio, went to church, and visited! They must have enjoyed us so much they came back for another night after their Mexico trip on their way back up to Idaho! :) We loved having you guys come, you are so much fun! Hopefully we can make a trip up to Idaho this summer!




Hanging out and talking after dinner.




Al and Sharla bought Connor a "Jesus" book (that's what Connor has named it) for Christmas. It plays a few different primary songs. He loves to sit and sing along with the music for hours! That was a great find guys!



Let the games begin! They are so fun to play cards with, Sharla has the funniest sayings: "for rude" (that one is normally followed after Al gives Sharla a crappy card that doesn't help her), "I'm changin' my major" (when she changes her mind on what she wants to do with her hand), oh yes and we can't forget, "messed in my nest" (this means her plan back fired, and she got stuck with a bad hand). I am actually sitting here giggling as I think about all the funny things she says, oh man she cracks us up!



Fun times!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

How wonderful that they got to visit! I love card games and Hand and Foot is one of my favorites by far! Love her sayings, too funny, I definitely giggled just reading them!!

Neal said...

Oh man...this reminds me of back in the day of playing 31 with my grandparents. We actually used to reserve it for holidays and family gatherings. We'd have about 8 people at 2 tables and made it a fun little tournament. Hahaha...fun times.

Neal said...

PS - Does this mean I gotta show Ryan how to make my ribs now? (though i'm still perfecting my recipe myself) :D

Jeri Call said...

I love Hand and Foot!
We play that up camping all the time.

Ash & Tim said...

How fun they were able to stop by and visit. I am sad to say I don't even remember anything about those games it has been far to long.

Justin and Stacey said...

Gotta love Al and Sharla! They are so fun to have around. We wish we were closer to everyone!!