Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boating- Black Tail


Boating was so much fun, we miss it so badly! Connor loved it as well. At first he was pretty bugged that we made him wear a life jacket, but he got over it. When we got to the dock, Connor wanted to jump in the water, so I made Ryan get in to catch him (I wasn't about to swim in the freezing cold water!). Connor loved jumping off the dock but every time he got in he would cry, because it was so cold. However, it didn't stop him from jumping over and over again! We tried to put Connor on the knee board with Ryan but he just cried and cried. I think maybe we scarred him.










_______________________________________________________________







This is how we board in the cold Idaho water. If you time it just right you can sit back down on the dock and never even get wet!




I was so nervous to wake board because it has been 3 years since I have boarded, but it was just like riding a bike. I thought for sure I was going to take a nose dive because I haven't dock started for so long.





Connor isn't crying in this video, he's so excited he is laughing and screaming. I have never seen him get so excited and not know how to express himself, it was hilarious. I am sorry the video is so bad, I had Connor in my lap when I was filming. I didn't get a video of it, but Ryan did land back on the dock when he was done.



I had to throw one goofy picture on here. Bob and Denise might kill me, but come on, this picture is totally worth it.



Connor and Denise were little boat buddies, he loved sitting with her!

6 comments:

Nic and Bekka said...

These pictures are so cute! The videos almost made me miss Idaho :). And I'm so impressed with your wakeboarding skills! We miss you guys so much, we need to plan a trip to Vegas soon.

idaho grandma said...

We sure had a fun day. Too bad that is wasn't longer and that the weather was so crappy on Saturday. We could have had more turns...oh well...you will just have to hurry and come back before we get the boat stored in October!! Hint, Hint, Hint :-)

Neal said...

Wow...That looked like a fun trip! Though I still think i'm too big and uncoordinated for wakeboarding:) LOL
Your mom is right...you'll have to get up there again;)

Tatem Marchant said...

Stephanie, what kind of life vest is Connor wearing? The one we have totally is in Cruz's face.
-Tatem

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh man...jealous!! We have been wanting to go boating so bad lately. Not that I could even wakeboard right now but it is so fun! I am so glad Connor liked the boat! I would be curious to see if Jack would be scared or not. Looks like a blast!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to tell you that I miss you in the ward! I'm glad that I got to meet you when I did... though I wish you could have stuck around longer! I hope you are enjoying your new home. I'm sure you have done a beautiful decorating job.
Maggie