Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saturday- Zoo

On Saturday, we had planned to go boating, but the weather was a little iffy. So we decided to go to the Idaho Falls Zoo. The zoo was really nice. It had tons of animals, I was really impressed. From what I understand they have spruced up the zoo and added lots animals in the last few years. I would recommend stopping in, if you are looking for something to do in Idaho Falls. I have lots of pictures of the animals but I don't think I will post them.



This little baby cheetah kept pacing, I kind of felt bad for it. (the bears paced continuously too.)



Connor kept stalking this peacock. I think the peacock got tired of him and ran off into the bushes to get away from him.



So cute.

This monkey never moved the entire time we were watching him. He (assuming it's a 'he') had a stare down with this girl, it was hilarious. Eventually the monkey just got tired and fell asleep.


This was pretty awkward.

3 comments:

idaho grandma said...

I too was impressed by the zoo. I bet we haven't been there since Jaden was a baby (at least 7-8 years ago). It has really gone through major upgrading. It was so fun to watch Connor get so excited about the animals. Loved it all...except the grooming monkeys. I guess we call it TMI!!!! Love you and so glad you were able to come home (finally) and hopefully it won't be so long next time....We are keeping our fingers crossed for September?????? Love you all.

Neal said...

I'm going to assume the monkeys were cleaning themselves? ROFL....That would be awkward.
The Idaho Falls Zoo is much better than the Las Vegas Zoo! Our zoo sucks!!! The last time I was there, they had a mangy lion with missing teeth and a bowling ball...and of course a pidgeon coup!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love that zoo! It's amazing that a place as small as IF would have that good of a zoo. Heck if Vegas could have a zoo like that people would actually want to go to it! Vegas could take some lessons from IF's zoo. It was clean, didn't stink, and had a great variety of animals- not to mention good signage.