Sunday, October 25, 2009

Connor turned 2!

Our little buddy turned 2 yesterday!

Connor got the "choo choo house" that he had been asking about for weeks. He was so excited and played with it all morning, until we asked him if he wanted to go to the park.

Connor loves to go to the park, we make frequent visits to it. Gratefully the park is in our neighborhood just down the street and we love it.
I almost didn't make a cake for Connor's birthday because I knew he wouldn't eat it. Well I ended up making cupcakes at the last second because I felt bad. Guess what, he didn't eat it. However, he did liked blowing out the candle, which we lit several times for him.
The "choo choo house" was quickly replaced when he opened his Handy Manny. He carried Handy Manny's tool box around all evening (it even went to trunk-or-treat with us, and he tried to take it to bed!)
Common Facts about Connor at 2...
You sit in your crib as happy as can be and play for 2 to 3 hours and never fall asleep.
You are 5 shots behind on your immunizations because I don't let the Dr. do any more than one shot at a time.
You are a mommy's boy (and I secretly love it!).
You love Micky Mouse and Disneyland!
You like to do things by yourself.
You frequently ask to go to Target.
You tell me every time upon arrival at any place we go "I will walk, no stroller." You never win.
You LOVE to go disc golfing with daddy on Mondays.
You LOVE that daddy gets to stay home with you on Mondays while I go to work.
Here's to many more years! We love you buddy.

15 comments:

Al and Ash said...

Happy Birthday Connor! So excited to see you in a week:)

Rachel said...

That's fantastic! Happy birthday, Connor!

I'm pretty sure my kids are going to ask to go to Target, too. I'm there WAY too much!

Nicolette said...

Hey Stephanie. I just found your blog and your family is so cute. Happy Birthday to your little one. Hope things are going well.

Ash & Tim said...

He looks so grow up! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday to Connor..looks like a great day!

Neal said...

Happy Birthday Connor! Can't believe how fast the little feller is growing. Doesn't like sweets...hmmm...does he get that from his daddy?:)

Katy said...

He is looking so grown up! He is as adorable as ever!

idaho grandma said...

i can't believe he is 2. It has gone so fast. He sure is darling and we loved talking to him on the phone. Love the photo with his hands in his pockets. I need that photo. Can you send it to Walmart for me? I need 3 copies to update all my frames. Love, love, love that photo. He looks so grown up. We are excited to see you guys, hopefully at Stephanie's, if not Thanksgiving!!!! Whoo Hoo!!! Love you.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Happy Birthday Connor! What a cute little boy he is. I can't believe he is two already!

Justin said...

Wow...he is starting to look so big!! I also love that first picture of him with his hands in his pockets. I can't believe he is two and I have only seen him probably three of four times. Love you Connor, hope you had a good birthday!

Uncle Justie

Deb said...

Happy Birthday little buddy! 2 already...time flies too fast....

Denisse said...

I LOVE that big cheesy smile in the last picture! What a cutie! Can you believe you have a two year old already? It's crazy how quickly it goes by!

Justin said...

Glad you had a good birthday Connor! Jack sent you something in the mail a couple days ago. Hopefully you get it soon!

Sanders said...

Happy Birthday big guy! Oh Steph he will be a heart breaker. Love ya!

Allie said...

Steph - Connor is just too cute! I can't believe he's 2!!

janae said...

Connor looks like a big kid. So cute.