Friday, October 9, 2009

Not one of my finest....

Yesterday I went to In 'N' Out's drive-thru. However, I drove right past the intercom to order my food. I didn't realize what I'd done until my little sister informed me I was suppose to order at the intercom some 15 feet behind me. Meanwhile, another car drove in hindering my ability to even consider backing up. I couldn't go forward, I couldn't go backwards. I immediately noticed several people sitting at their outdoor tables starring at me wondering if I was crazy. So I put my car in park, walked up to the car behind me and tried to explain to them that I'd pulled up too far and that I needed to stand there and order my food. Trying to explain to the person on the other side of the intercom what I did, I finally ordered, got in my car and waited for the line to move forward. I then had to explain to the cashier at window #1 that the order he just read to me actually belong to the car behind me, and that my order is the one after theirs (have I lost you yet?). By the time I pulled up to window #2 my story must have filtered through all of In 'N' Out because window #2 lady said, "Oh, you are the one that passed the intercom!" Not one of my finest days.

(In hindsight I realize I probably should have just stayed in my car and explained that I'd missed the intercom and ordered with the window #1 guy.)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Ooohhh In N'Out burger, I'm jealous. Funny story, what we will do for a good hamburger.

Katy said...

Funny! Don't you just love doing embarassing things??? As my aunt would say, "You made a memory!"

Kelly Munns said...

that's funny...but what's funnier is your tenacity in getting that dang order in! what great lengths we'll go for the things we love...

Brock Bingham said...

You crack me up! Don't worry, I once had to repeat "icecream cone" at the McDonalds intercom about 15 times, before they told me to come inside & speak with a manager? WTF

Brock Bingham said...

This is Sara by the way. (didn't realize I was logged in as Brock) :)

Nic and Bekka said...

So funny Steph :)

Justin said...

I love it! You are too funny...but don't worry, that's totally something I would do!
~Stacey