Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Staheli Farm...

My visiting teacher told me about this fun pumpkin patch! We decided last minute to head out there one evening. I am so glad we did, it was so much fun, and Connor loved it. It had everything a kid could want at a pumpkin patch. We rode tractors out to the pumpkin patch and to the corn maze, played with the animals, and rode some rides. I think we will make the Staheli Farm an annual tradition.


There was the funnest tractor ride for the kids! Connor was a little too small to go by himself, so I made Ryan squeeze into one of those little trailers with him. Connor had the biggest smile on his face the whole time.

Connor wasn't too sure about the animals and petting them. But he loved to look at them and say "hi".

Our friends the Sellers met us there a little later in the evening. It was fun they could come, and Connor liked having a little buddy.

Connor and Brendyn both picked out their own pumpkins. I told Connor which ever one he picked he had to carry; he's pretty smart, he picked a light little one.

We finished the night off with the corn maze, that we got so lost in. Connor disliked it because it was dark, and cold. He kept saying "scary...dark". We couldn't find our way out, so we had to cut through the stalks and headed towards the light. We were racing our friends to see who made it out first, we lost!

6 comments:

Katy said...

How fun! What a great place!

Justin said...

I love going to the pumpkin farms in the fall!! That is one of my most favorite things to do. It looks like you guys found an awesome one! Ryan looks so funny in that tractor ride with Connor...what a good dad. :) I can't believe how grown up Connor is looking. Do you guys have any fun plans for his birthday?
~Stacey

kimberlee shaffer said...

it looks so fun!! I need to talk Nate into making a day trip there. You look beautiful as always in every picture, you make me want to barf.

Cassie said...

That looks like so much fun! I love corn mazes! I tried Brittney Bennett's blog and it invite only. You could give her my email address mcheger@gmail.com and I could just email her and tell her what she needs to know. We love it here and we live in West Des Moines.

Ash & Tim said...

How fun -we are going to the pumpkin patch this weekend and I am very excited because Ian has loved all the pumpkins around. Love all the pictures sorry to hear you go lost in the maze.

britt said...

so great! thanks for giving me their email! I feel like i'm moving to mars!
That is such a cute pumpkin patch! it's in vegas? Where was that when we just settled for the makeshift pumpkin patch in the parking lot of the mall?? So cute!