Thursday, December 3, 2009

i don't feel bad

i just called the dishwasher repairmen (2 of them) "tweedle dee" and "tweedle dumb" to their faces and i don't feel bad about it. here is why:

- they have ordered two wrong parts to repair our dishwasher.
-they lost a part they had ordered and had to reorder it (only for it to not be the right part in the first place).
-i have sat at home multiple times for a scheduled appointment only to have no one show up.
-they started the dishwasher without the door closed and sprayed water all over my kitchen, laughed about it, didn't clean it up, and then proceeded to walked on my carpet with their dirty wet shoes.
-they have come to my house six times and it's still not fixed and i haven't had a dishwasher since november 13th.

I told "tweedle dee" and "tweedle dumb" they were never allowed back at my house and that someone who knows what they are doing better be here before the weekend is over to fix my dishwasher. you may ask why i don't just call another company. well, we have a home warranty and we report our problems to them and they send out a repair company, so we are stuck with them unless we want to pay much more.

i have had confirmation that someone will be here first thing tomorrow morning. i can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh gosh, I understand your frustration on this one. I've had nothing but issues with our repair people that are hired by the housing department here to "fix" our home problems.

We've had an increasingly nasty smell coming from our laundry room and I called housing today to have someone come out and check it because it seriously smells like something died in there. (Oh yeah, we've had a mouse problem, too!) Her response? "Well, I can maybe get someone out there tomorrow afternoon ... is that alright?" My response? "No, that's NOT alright. Let me put a dead something in YOUR house and let it stink up and give you a few days to think about it."

Still not coming out until tomorrow afternoon ...

Tatem Marchant said...

Wow, Steph, I would never have the guts to do that. Good job!

Nic and Bekka said...

Steph!! This made me laugh out loud. I can totally picture it!! You're hilarious. :)

Rachel said...

Yikes! Being without a dishwasher is really torture...and to have two guys making the situation worse...ugh! Good luck!

Neal said...

Yeahahaha!!! Gettem Steph! And I thought it was bad waiting for one of the utility companies. I hope I never have that issue. I imagine I'd go postal. I actually commend you for holding your composure as you did.

Justin said...

Steph, you are too funny!! I am dying to hear what happened!?
~Stacey