Monday, December 7, 2009

Let there be Lights.

I love Christmas! I love the decorations and I love the lights. We've been driving around in the evenings showing Connor all the fun lights. When he sees a house he likes he yells "happy merry Christmas lights!" We took Connor to Town Square a few nights ago and every night at 7 pm it snows in the square for 30 mins. It was so much fun, he was so excited and jumped up and down yelling "SNOW FUN!" It's been getting really cold here in the last few days, I hope we get a day of real snow like we did last year! The holidays are SO fun with kids. Connor is starting to catch on to the fact that Santa brings presents. He woke up from his nap the other morning and asked if it was time to "open presents from santa?"

"snow" in the square. connor thought it was funny to whack the snow flakes as they landed on ryan's head.

I put up our Christmas decorations a week or so before Thanksgiving because we travel for both holidays I never feel like we get to enjoy it long enough. First thing in the morning when Connor wakes up he heads to the banister and plugs in the garland lights and then goes straight downstairs to the tree and turns it on. He loves to rearrange our ornaments and is constantly bringing me the presents from under the tree and asks to open them. Ryan was a super trooper and ventured up on the roof this weekend to hang our lights! This was the first time we have ever hung lights on our house. Ryan was such a good sport and had a pretty good little system down and had them hung in no time. They look so great, I wish we could leave them up all year.



7 comments:

Rachel said...

So much fun!

Your house is gorgeous.

Neal said...

Is that a chair Ryan is using to put lights up on the roof? LOL...whatever works right:D

idaho grandma said...

Way to go you guys. Looks awesome. Send some photos with the outside lit up. I bet it was hard with the tile roof to be careful. The tree and inside decorations look beautiful I like the little table by the fireplace and I can barely see the new couch. The bnch by the front door looks cute too. I can't wait to see it all in person, Hopefully soon, maybe after the 1st of the year. Love you guys.

kimberlee shaffer said...

I love your house!! It is looking fabulous!! Connor is such a sweetheart.

Justin said...

Looks awesome! We have the same ornaments as you guys. I need a ladder like Ryan's. I have been meaning to put our lights up but need a ladder. Can I borrow your? Just drop it by some time this week! Miss you guys!

Justie

Courtney said...

Looks fabulous! Christmas decorations are always so much fun!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Your house looks beautiful!