Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A slow process.

My friend told me that the cheapest thing about owning a home is the mortgage. I will have to agree. We have been working on little projects through out the house at a very slow pace, and that's okay because we aren't planning on going anywhere, anytime soon. Last weekend we decided that our little wooded friend was definitely not coming back to life (we had held out hope that maybe it might blossom and come back to life this spring). We replaced it with a cute little "Flowering Plum." (ask me the name of any tree or plant, and I could tell you their name and their location at Star Nursery! It's become my new favorite store, I could spend hours looking at plants, flowers and trees.). Our front yard still needs a lot of sprucing up but for now we are just taking baby steps.

I walked by this little sweet thing and had to get it! In a few years it will probably be all gnarly and mean with it's big thorns and I will probably hate it, but for now it looks so dainty and cute. The empty clay pots in the background do have a purpose....kind of.... they are suppose to be the home of birthday(January) present that I have yet to get; Wax Leaf Privet topiary trees :). Ryan said that my birthday present has expired and is no longer redeemable so they will now be my Mother's Day present....how sweet.

2 comments:

Neal said...

Hahaha....HE would:) I know what you mean with Star. I've been throughout that place too. We're looking into fruit trees in the back yard.
And I couldn't agree with you more with the mortgage comment:(

Justin and Stacey said...

i love your new tree! And the cute little flowers too. I am excited to one day do my own landscaping. Learn all you can so you can teach me :)