Thursday, August 30, 2012

Connor

Connor has been the best big brother to Benson. Despite ALL the tears Benson has shed and the screeching halt our summer came to in June, Connor has been such a trooper. We hardly left the house this whole summer, but that hasn't bothered him one bit. He entertained himself with his toys, Wii, games, going out back and eating Otter pops. He has stepped into the protective big brother role with Benson. Anytime I mutter out of frustration 'AAHH Benson all you ever do is cry!' Connor would quickly remind me not to say that, and he is a sweet boy. I think Connor and Benson have a special bond that has been created long before they came to earth. Connor knew my whole pregnancy that it was a boy, and that his name would be Benson. Ry and I thought it was a girl who we'd name Avery, and planned that if it was a boy it'd Cole. I think Connor must have some recollection of their brotherhood in the spirit world. I think that Connor will always go to bat for Benson and that he will be very protective. It has been so sweet to watch him try and develop a friends ship with such a small little baby.



On the flip side Connor's relationship with Sadie has changed a bit. He patronizes her all day, by stealing her blankie, hiding her dollies, not letting her touch his toys, growling at her, and not wanting anything the same as Sadie. It cracks me up sometimes (and frustrates me as well). Oh the dynamics of 3.

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

What can I say about this little guy???? We love him so much too!!! He just rolls along with the punches and is so sweet and kind to Sadie. So glad he loves Benson so much too. Maybe they did know each other before, because he was so sure he was getting a little brother all along. Love you Connor