Friday, February 14, 2014

Sassy and the penny(ies)

Sadie is so pretty and it's a good thing she is because at times (most times) she can be sassy, stubborn and down right defiant. My sweet neighbor (she's a grandma) gave some pearls of wisdom; she said, Heavenly Father is sending girls a little sassy now- it's the only way they will survive in this tough world. Her theory made me feel a little better ;).



Sadie swallowed a penny a few weeks ago :/. We waited several days for it to pass, it didn't. So the Dr recommended an X-ray to make sure it wasn't stuck somewhere. What should have been a quick 20 minute in and out X-ray turned into an 1 hour struggle. She won't even stand on the scale at the dr office for a well check, I don't know why I didn't consider that his would be disastrous. She went delusional, screaming and flailing like a crazy person. The X-ray tech was no help, she just covered her ears. I bribed, I fought, I was nice, I cried (it's my stress response, it's involuntary. I also cry when something is really funny. It makes really awkward situations). I called Ryan he came to our rescue. He bribed, he fought, he was nice, he didn't cry. No luck. So last resort; we pinned her down. Ryan laid on her head and arms, i laid on her legs and all three of got zapped with radiation. I think that bugged Ryan the most. The 1st words out of his mouth was, "we'll that sucks, I just got radiation for no reason." My 1st words were, "there better be a penny in there!" We left, a few minutes later the Dr called and the 1st words out of her mouth was, "there's 2 coins in the fountain!" TWO, she swallowed two. I knew she had been playing with 2 pennies, but didn't think to consider both went down. 5 days later She got 100% return on her investment. We have gotten soooo much mileage out of this. We know where Sadie's two cents are.... She's never going to live this down. I need to go pick the X-ray up.



Before the X-ray fiasco. 


Ever wonder what stomach acid will do to 2 pennies for 12 days. It started to erode the copper penny. And it only broke down half the copper plate on the zinc penny.

3 comments:

idaho grandma said...

we hadn't heard about Miss Sassy's fiasco!!! So sorry. She definitely has a mind of her own. It is good to be know what you want, but not when mommy or daddy knows what is best. Sorry, but I laughed while reading it because I could just see her. The potty training is going to be fun!!!

idaho grandma said...

for sure you need to get copies of the x-rays!!!

Manda said...

Now this is a story to remember! I LOVE IT! She is so cute :) I was the same way at doctor's and my mom bribed and cried alot. I would freak especially if I had to have a shot. So I love that she is sassy. I'm sure I will be eating my words when I have a little girl someday.