Wednesday, January 23, 2008

birthday highlights

my parents got me these little babies for my birthday! aren't they so cute! nordstroms didn't have my size in the store, so they are being shipped. i am waiting with great anticipation...


i have the perfect wall to be filled... i have been accumulating things to create a cute little wall display of pictures and little nick nacks. rys parents gave me a gift card for my b-day and now i hope to buy the rest of the finishing touches for it.


since i was in California for my birthday, ry planned a little secret celebration tonight. it started out with flowers and then dinner at Macayos, mmm mmm good. then we took connor home for our friends to watch him; and off to the opera...the Phantom of the Opera that is!!! it was so good! the voices were fantastic, well worth the money. i had seen the full 3 hour version in San Francisco several years ago, and the 90 minute Vegas one was just as good. Thanks to my sweet hubby for a fun filled evening, and thank you John and Ash for watching baby Connor.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I love those shoes, are they the same ones Stacey has?

Love your new header!

Kelly Munns said...

very exciting... i love getting new things. i think i may turn into that lady that buys things just to buy them and then brings them back a week later for something else... :)

ps. congratulations on leaving connor! isaac is almost 6 months and i still haven't left him with anyone but his dad...and my mom lives less than a mile away :)

kimberlee shaffer said...

I am so glad you guys had fun!! I know Ryan was so exited to do that for you. You are so sweet to offer to help but I think you just need to stay clear of us sickies so you don't get anything. Maybe we can all hang out soon when we come out of hibernation, like SPRING! ha ha. You look fantastically beautiful with your new hair color by the way. I love it!

Amber Hemsley said...

It sounds like you had a fun birthday. I have always wanted to go to the Phantom of the Opera. Jon is in Vegas until Monday for work and I am so jealous. A close family friends to Jons brother is opening a new restraunt in one of the casinos and so he got to go to taste the food last night and I think that they are having another party tonight.

Justin and Stacey said...

Sounds like fun! Did you think about Connor the whole time you were gone? I am so jealous you saw the Phantom!! I want to see that so bad!!!!

britt said...

so fun! You'll have to tell us some of your fav places to eat because since we moved here I don't know anywhere. We really don't have time to go out, but when we do, it's nice to know of a good place!