Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Do blondes really have more fun?

So this is kind of a silly post and you will probably be bored with it....


About 2 years ago I dyed my hair dark, and I really liked it for a change! I did it just before winter semester (my last semester at college). I was in all business classes. At BYU-Idaho not many girls take business classes, so I had a group of guys that I sat with. Well the role was passed around and my picture on the role was of me when I was blonde. The guys I was sitting with said something to the effect of, "oh, this picture must have been from your single days, when you were on the prowl!!!"....hhhhmmm, so did this mean that they thought I went down hill after I got married? Well, i wasn't sure but I built a complex about it (well not really, but maybe a little bit) and a few months later had my wonderful patient sister-in-law dye it back blonde.




If you are still reading you are probably asking yourself, why I have posted this story. I have decided the time has arrived to go back dark, maybe not as dark as before, but not blonde. Here in Las Vegas, to keep my blonde maintained, would cost $120 every few weeks. I have 3 inch roots (sick, I know!) and can't afford the highlights. You see, I have been very spoiled with 2 cutie pie girls; my sister Amy and my sister-in-law Stacey, who have taken care of my hair for the last 6 years for free.


I am going home to California on the 17th, and the plan is to go dark. I figure it will be cheaper and, let's face it, it won't look as white trash as it does now. (Oh, and btw, since i got pregnant my natural color is turning orange...weird!)

11 comments:

Jeri Call said...

Hey steph,
I know how you feel! I go back and forth all the time. I went dark right before Austin's 1st birthday because it was to expensive to keep it up and for 6 months I hated it, so I put my highlights back in. Then a few months ago I went back dark again and just put in a few chunky highlights and it kept me happy until now. I think I want my highlights back.
anyways I think you look fabulous with dark hair! So go for it, it is just hair, right? You can always change it back later.

Anonymous said...

how come you get to go home? Is Ryan going too? Is is for your Birthday, btw...we sent your birthday present today, hope you get it before you go. sounds like fun. I bet you can't wait to get your hair done. I have an appointment to get mine cut on Thursday. I am so glad Stacey cut it shorter for me over Christmas, now I can keep it shorter and I know I like it. I can only go about 5 weeks with my color on account of the grey :-(, but oh well it could be worse and be grey all over. That would be bad. Hope you are all feeling better. Later...love you mom H.

britt said...

I like dark, that is fun that you can look good in blond and brunette. I have to stick with blond, luckily I like it that way, but it would be fun to try something else!

Justin and Stacey said...

Steph, I think you should do it for sure!!! I wish that I could have done it for you in Utah! I feel so bad about it. I LOVED your hair dark. I think it looks awesome on you. You can always put some highlights back in it later. And then maybe you could put not as many so it wouldn't be quite so high maintenance. I hope you do it. I can't wait to see pictures!
PS. I would have to disagree that blonds have more fun!!

Michael and Megan said...

I like your hair dark Steph. I'm going dark again after we get married. I'm a little scared becuase I have been blonde since I graduated high school, but I'm sick of paying for it!

kimberlee shaffer said...

truth is you are a very beautiful girl no matter what your hair color is, so go for it!!! I have always wanted to go dark too, I should just do it! Your hair will be healthier too. I can't wait to see it!!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

ps. just don't go and cut 10 inches off like i did. . .big mistake!

Kelly Munns said...

ok first off...you and stacey are wrong because blondes DO have more fun. you know it :) but it doesnt always mean they're prettier :) you look great with dark hair. i like it. and let's be honest, what do a couple byu-i dorks know about fashion? it's totally in to go dark these days. so go for it. i can't wait to see pictures!

ps. i should post some pics of my hair when i went red...yes RED. then i went brown to cover it up and then i highlighted it until it was back to blonde. it was a rough month...

Kelly Munns said...

ok so you'll want to feed during take-off and landing...you really just want them sucking and swallowing to keep their ears from popping. i just fed him going up because we had two segments and they were like an hour each and when i thought of feeding him i though about really feeding him and then he would throw up. luckily for me he did fine. emily briones told me to put a little cotton in his ears. they wouldnt stay in, but you can try that. i don't know what else to tell ya. just make sure you're feeding him or that he's taking a bottle (if he's even doing that--isaac doesn't). but good luck and i'm sure he'll do fine. just try to get a seat without someone sitting next to you so you can actually lay him down on your lap when you feed...you may have to practice feeding him with his body lined up to yours...like his feet pointing towards yours. that would spare the poor person next to you from baby feet in their lap :)

kimberlee shaffer said...

your husband was so sweet to come over last night and give Ireland a blessing. I just think the world of you guys! Connor is so blessed to have such wonderful parents. Thanks again Ryan!

Erin said...

HEY STEPHANIE! I love the dark hair! I'm going to go dark here in the next few weeks too. My moto is dark in the winter light in the summer. I get sick of it, so I'm always changing.

I love the pictures of Connor. Your family is so cute. Tell Ryan hello for us. And do post pictures of the new hair!