Monday, August 25, 2008

The Wedding!


Last week we flew home for my little sister's wedding! It was so fun to go home and spend a week with everyone! We played a little, relaxed a little (after the wedding of course), and laughed a ton.

The flight went great. Connor just hung out and crawled back and forth between mine and Ryan's lap! I was super nervous for the flight because the day before we flew out I took Connor to the Dr. and found out he had an ear infection. The Dr. was a little bit concerned about us flying with the airplane pressure and his ears, but it didn't seem to bother him. The first two days we were there Connor was running a 101 degree temperature, but once the antibiotics kicked in, his fever broke and he was happy again.


My parents had kept the crib that my sisters and I slept in when we were babies, had fixed it up and had painted it for their grandbabies!


Connor LOVED riding in the wagon with Kaylee! We will definitely have to buy one of those! He also loved playing in grandma's jump-house castle and the ball pit! We of course had to have a Wii party as well!





Ashley's wedding was Friday at 11am, but did pictures before the wedding at 9am. So her day started bright and early (which meant ours did too). We all pitched in and did her hair, makeup and toenails, we were cutting it really close so the last half hour was pretty rush, rush! Poor Ashley hadn't been feeling very good for a few days and the wedding day wasn't any exception. She made it through her morning pictures, the temple ceremony and the grand exit. However, the poor little thing had a tough time making it through the family and friends photos and had to borrow the bushes a couple times! We felt soo soo bad for her and for Allen! She took it like a champ and put on a smile for everyone! The second she got home from the luncheon, she passed out on the couch where we had to peel her off from to fix her hair and makeup a little before her reception (I think her exact words when we tried to get her up were: "it's okay, I don't think I want to wear my wedding dress to the reception or fix my hair and makeup".... yeah, she must had been really sick).





The reception was absolutely beautiful! I just wish I had taken more photos of it and of everyone else!

Congratulations Ashley and Allen, we love you guys so much and wish you the best for this new journey of life together!!!!

11 comments:

Neal said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty busy time in Cali. All and all...pretty fun:)
I must say I really like the "A Perfect Day" pictures. Especially the ones with Ryan & Connor and Steph & Connor. They almost look professional. I noticed that Steph took Connors plug away from him (on her finger) and he improvised and used his hand. hahaha:) Smart little fella'.

Denisse said...

Oh man! It looks like you guys have been so busy! Your pages look soooo cute Steph! Connor looks so cute in his shirt and tie! What a cutie pie! Your sister looked so beautiful! You did an awesome job with her hair!!! Too bad she wasn't feeling well...I bet she was glad when eerything was over! I wonder if it was nerves or just a bug???

Justin and Stacey said...

SO fun! Ashley looks so beautiful and I LOVE Connor all dressed up! He looked adorable!! I feel so bad that she didn't feel good! Just add one more thing on top of the nerves and the craziness of the day. Glad you guys made it back safe!

kimberlee shaffer said...

I am happy for you that you got to go home and be apart of that. Looks like fun! Your pages look adorable!! Im glad Connor is feeling better (=

Katy said...

What a beautiful wedding. Connor looks so adorable in his wedding clothes...and you guys look great too. I am glad the flight went well. I have been to nervous to ever try flying with Kylie.

Anonymous said...

your pages are so darling. I love the digital thing. Mabo one day I will have to try it. Her colors were beautiful and if you didn't know she wasn'e feeling well, you wouldn't have even suspected it. She was a beautiful bride. Hope we get to meet Allen, maybe next weekend!!! You guys looked to good too and loved Connors tie. Hope he is feeling beter this week Love you guys....MOM H. PS Loved Connor is his suitcase...all packed and ready to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S.S. I really need to check myself and my spelling before I send my comments....sorry. Mom

Kelly Munns said...

she is gorgeous! i love her hair and her dress is to die for. she looks great, even though she didn't feel well. she's a good actress! i love the pictures!

Ashley said...

She looks beautiful! You would never know she was sick -the poor thing. I am glad that all went well sorry to here that Conner was sick too. Love the pictures and can't believe that you have made your pages already. Your amazing!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe Ashley is old enough to be married! She looks beautiful.

And I got your baby poll guess and I'll update that post! =)

Erin said...

Hey Stephanie! Looks like fun. I love weddings. Did they get married in Oakland? Anyway, I hope you are Ryan are doing well!