Saturday, October 18, 2008

Emergency Room

Day 4- Saturday. Today started off great. Connor slept through the whole night. He woke up happy and his fever was gone so we went birthday shopping. Sometime around 1:30 this afternoon Connor started crying inconsolably. It was an "I'm in pain" cry. Finally after 30 mins of nothing but tears, he settled down, but his breathing was very labored after that. I called the dr. and she told me just what I thought she would, "get him to the emergency room". We got right in and they monitored his oxygen levels, heart rate and checked his lungs and all was clear. So 2 hours and $100 later we were heading home. We got faster service in the ER than in the dr. office!



Ironic side note. As we were filling out discharge papers our really good friends the Sellers called. John asked if we were in the ER, Ryan was puzzled and asked how he knew?! The Sellers were there for one of their friends and when they parked they realized they'd parked right next to our car!!! What are the chances.





I was a little grossed out at letting him play with hospital toys, but they kept him from crying.



6 comments:

Courtney said...

I am glad that things are looking better for little Connor. Hopefully it only goes up from here!

Ash & Tim said...

I am so sorry to hear that Conner has been so sick. The poor little guy. But he still looks so cute. Hopefully he starts to feel much better.

kimberlee shaffer said...

okay Connor its time to get better so we can PARTY it up for your birthday little guy!!

Anonymous said...

he sure looks cute and you would never know he was sick. especially in the videos!!! What a jabberheels!!! Love that little voice. I think you look great for being up all night. I wouldn't look that great. Hopefully he is on the mend and will be feeling good for Friday. How aweful to not feel good on your birthday. Keep us posted on how he is doing. Love you guys...MOM H.

Kelly Munns said...

ugh! i cannot even tell you how sorry i feel for you! what a terrible thing to have to go through. my biggest fear is the car rides to and fro all the dr/er visits. i can't stand a crying baby constrained in a car seat...it breaks my heart. i hope everything turns out ok and that little guy gets better and stops scaring his mom and dad!

Justin and Stacey said...

How is Connor feeling?? Hopefully he gets better before his birthday!