I proudly drive a 1990 Honda Accord aka Cordie! I love her and she has never failed me yet. Nor will she, we have a very tight bond. I firmly believe this car will be Connor's when he turns 16. I fear ever taking Cordie to a ghetto location because I am severely afraid that she will get stolen; she falls 2nd on the list of top 10 most stolen cars (right below 1995 Honda Civic).
Tonight was mutual and I volunteered to take 2 beehives home. As we are walking out to the car there were only 2 cars left on the row we were walking down; a Ford Escape, and my old fashion Honda. We came upon the Escape first and both girls stepped off the curb to walk up to it, thinking that, well this must be Sister Heaton's car. I quickly corrected them notifying them that it wasn't mine. Here is the dialogue that proceeded as we were getting into Cordie:
Megan: WHOA, what was that (as she is opening the door)!!!!
Me: What was what?
Megan: I don't know something in your car moved.
(I proceeded to open my door)
Megan: THAT! What was THAT?
Me: Megan, um it was just the seat belt (my seat belts move on a track when the door opens and closes).
Megan: How in the heck does it do that? That is sooooooo coooooooll!
Me: Oh my, when were you two girls born?!?!? You've never seen a seat belt do that before!?!
Megan, and Alli: Born 1995, and 1996!
I am starting to come to the realization that although I still feel like I am only 19, I am actually 13 years older than the darling little beehives. I remember being in Young Womens and idolizing my leaders, thinking that they were so old, wise and mature but holy cow they were only the same age as I am now! I don't feel old, wise or mature......definitely not OLD!

5 comments:
That is so funny Stephanie. I'm the laurel advisor and I feel the exact same way. I feel like I was in YW just a few years ago. It's the BEST calling though. I love it!
Maybe they thought that the seat belt was high tech?? :) Too funny. It is weird though to think that Ryan's going to be 30 in not too long, you and Justin will both be 26, and even me, the youngest...I do not feel like I am going to turn 25. We are married and have kids...that's even more weird! Where does the time go?
Wait...or are you already 26? Now I'm confused. :)
That's a funny story! yeah it's crazy...sometimes I can't believe I'm 2 years away from turning 30! I definitely don't feel old! It's crazy to think that when I was in Young Women's my leaders were about my age!!! And you are right I always looked up to them and thought they were awesome! I'm sure those girls think the same of you!!!:)
Knowing Megan I can just see her saying that. :) What a character.
Post a Comment