(not my picture, but this is basically the exact machine i used yesterday.)
i am the most unlucky person ever. i never win anything and anything unfortunate can and will happen to me. i always say that if i enter a free give-away contest, that it would be my luck to receive some charge for entering it. that's just how it goes for me, i never win.
the last few weeks the young women have been working on their "young women in excellence" quilts. they have been working with the sewing machines and i have steered clear because i'm afraid i'll break one. last night there were 2 open machines and one girl was pretty far behind on sewing some squares. i figured how hard could it be, just 2 straight lines, so i offered to help.
for whatever reason i picked the machine that looked like a total vintage antique. i sat down, started the stitching and about an inch in i realized it wasn't stitching. my friend mentioned that my needle wasn't threaded! okay no big deal i totally know how to fix that, and thus i did. then i put my fabric back under the little foot, put it down, and gently press the pedal.....the needle didn't go up and down! the motor was running and the round knob on the side was turning but the needle wasn't bobbing. OF COURSE when i sit down at the antique vintage machine, it quits. now i know that i didn't do anything to break it (hopefully) but this was just my luck. of course the vintage machine takes its last breath while i sit at it. i swear things like this happen to me all the time.
i do have a competitive nature and so now i feel like i need to go buy a sewing machine and sew dresses, pillows, and curtains just to prove that i can sew. and no silly little old fashion machine is going to tell me otherwise! now i just need to convince ryan i need to make a $350 purchase! of course it would be just my luck that he'd say no and thus leaving me defeated by the mean old sewing machines.

6 comments:
Oh geez you don't need to fork out $350 for a sewing machine! I got my $65 dollar special (pretty decent Brother brand sewing machine) from Target (or was it Wal-Mart?) Military budget and all ... that's about the extent of our shopping abilities! I was on a major sewing kick right after Emma died. It kept my mind off everything. I did sew curtains, I made quilts out the wazoo and I started making a Halloween costume for Sophie, but gave up when I got hugely pregnant.
You can do it! Did you take Fun Fashion Fabrics with Miss Sak? I swore off sewing after I took that class but for some reason was bitten by the bug and it's addictive once you get started!
JoAnn's always has really good sales on their machine's.
Or even walmart has basic machines for cheap $100-150.
Aaron and mom got me one for Christmas a few years back and I LOVE having it. I sew all the time. I gave up on scrapbooking and started sewing. I make baby blankets for baby showers.
Tell Ryan that it will save you money in the long run!
Hey i know how you feel, I break everything too. I loved your post about your car.. I remember Cordie. Connor is getting so big! He's so cute.. we need to hook him and Quinn up.
You really should get one!! I will be very jealous. My mom told me that she was going to get me one for graduation, and I have yet to receive it. Maybe she forgot?
Stephanie,
I am so glad that you found me. I;ve been wondering about you. Connor is so so cute. He Kennidi are about the same age. She was born Oct.1,2007. You look like you are doing great. It sounds like you like Las Vegas. Thats good. We will have to talk more.
Love,
Breanne
breezy_brea@hotmail.com
You sound just like my husband...he has the worst luck! And now I do too because I married him! Oh by the way the car story is hilarious...it is weird when you realize we are older than we feel.
Post a Comment