Friday, October 17, 2008

Sick Baby = Zero Sleep

Day 1- Wednesday. Connor throws up his entire dinner. Landing him a fun little bath in the kitchen sink because it was the furthest I could go without throwing up myself!







Day 2- Thursday. Connor felt warm all day, and at bedtime he was at 102 degrees. His fever continued all night and he threw up his bottle and his entire dose of Motrin. But you would have never known Connor was sick, he played and giggled and wiggled non stop. Sleep began around 12am and ceased at 4 am (with a 1:30am struggle for Connor to stay asleep).

Mr. wiggles and giggles. the video was taken in the middle of the night so it's pretty dark.


His little voice cracks me up, he just talks non stop.

(once again, the middle of the night, so its a very dark video.)



Day 3- Friday (today). Our morning began at 4am. Our silly giggle boy turned into Oscar the Grouch. We watched Barney after Barney, with a cool rag on Connor's head. At 8:30am we decided we needed to do a walk-in appt at the dr office. They were less than prompt leaving a feverish, screaming baby to struggle for an 1 hour and a 1/2 before seeing the dr. The poor little guy cried through the whole appt, throwing up 3 times (twice on my feet, and I was wearing flip flops!). Tests came back, diagnosis= high fever, double earinfection, and a throat infection. The dr. gave him an antibiotic shot in his leg which required us to stay in the dr. office for and extra 20 mins to monitor any reactions. None developed, so 4 hours later we were finally free to go. Poor baby Connor has cried basically the whole day, I feel so bad. I wish I could protect him from every illness possible.

please no judging me, it is the middle of the night!!!

Connor is weighing in these days at 22 lbs. 7 oz.

9 comments:

Jeri Call said...

Poor little guy! You might want to start thinking about ear tubes. Austin got ear infections all the time and so we ended up putting tubes in and they went away.
I hope you gets get some rest soon!

Rachel said...

It's the most heartbreaking thing when your little one is sick and they give you that look that says, "why aren't you fixing this?!" I always felt so helpless when Emma was sick.

Even though it took the doctor forever to see you, at least he gave Connor the antibiotic shot instead of giving you stuff to take home.

Steph said...

Poor baby. I'd so much rather be sick than have to watch my kids be miserable.

Neal said...

The poor little fella'...but also, poor mom and dad:(
If there is anything you need or anything I can do for ya guys let me know!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness Steph, hope he gets feeling better. Cute videos of him dancing and talking, I love that he is clear up on his toes behind the couch, how cute. Sorry about your long week, hope some sleep is on its way for you!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

You look pretty darn cute for the middle of the night! What a good mom you are. Connor is just too cute. Those videos made me laugh. He probably thought it was so cool to be up with mom and dad late at night!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

UH!! Yuck I am so sorry. Its like as soon as OCtober hits BAM everyone starts to get sick. Poor little guy I hope for all three of you that this passes soon!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Poor Connor!! Doesn't it just make you feel so bad for them? He is still pretty darn cute for being sick. He weighs the same as Jack at his last appointment! :) He is going to pass him up soon.

Kelly Munns said...

that little connor is a chunk! i love it. i love his beefy legs. and about judging you in the middle of the night? is that like, "don't judge me because i'm cuter than any of you at high noon"? or like, "dang you should see me at high noon if i look like this in the middle of the night"? because sister, you got it goin on!!! and on and on and on! woot woot!