Thursday, December 18, 2008

CANCELLED

Yesterday Las Vegas got snow! Not just a little snow, but up to 8 inches in some areas. The snow began around noon and at about 4pm everything started shutting down (including the airport) because the snow wasn't lifting. I started getting nervous because I was supposed to be flying out early this morning. We went to bed not knowing if the airport would reopen or not. At 3:30am I woke up to check the flight status and sure enough flight 2855 service to Sacramento CANCELLED. Sleepily I call Southwest to find out my next step. I waited and waited in the middle of the night to talk to a Representative. 1/3 of all Southwest flights come out of Las Vegas so everyone was trying to make new arrangements because all flights were cancelled. Long story short, I rebooked to the next earliest flight out...Tomorrow at 10am. Finally, at 5am I crawled back in bed for what was left of the night. Hopefully by tomorrow all the delayed flights will have caught up and the airport congestion will have eased up. As for the snow in Las Vegas, I loved it!

Connor broke my camera a few weeks ago so I didn't get to take any pictures to capture the winter wonderland. I borrowed this picture from my friend Kim's blog, I hope she doesn't mind!

2 comments:

Ash & Tim said...

Best of luck I hope you guys make it out safe and sound tomorrow. We are hoping that our flight Monday doesn't get canceled to New York because it is supposed to start storming Mon thru the entire week. I can't believe all the snow there -it looks so pretty!

Cassie said...

I can't believe it snowed there!! Apparently we are getting your storm right now. It has been raining freezing rain and it is so gross outside, I am afraid we will never get home for Christmas...we leave Mon. hopefully it will be better by then. Good luck with your flights and hopefully you won't have problems tomorrow!