Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July!

My blogging has been mucho neglected lately. I did have a project to do right now, however, due to the nature of the fact that I very much dislike the paint color I picked out I am project free for this very moment (at least until connor wakes up and i can go back to lowes and start more color testing). So since i have a few free moments i decided to quickly blog the 4th of July.

We started the day with the Boulder City Parade. My friend Kim and her family have been going for years. She did warn us that the last half of the parade turns into an all out water fight. So we came locked loaded. It got pretty vicious when a lady slapped kim in the face for no reason. So nate and ryan filled up their water guns and chased the lady down and shot her point blank in the face, and had a kid shoot silly string in her face too. Take that lady.


That evening some friends from our new ward had a BBQ. The food was great, courntey made some super yummy homemade french fries. It's been fun getting to know the families in our new ward, it's another fun young ward like our old one!

We went to the Aliante Station for a great fireworks show. Connor was so exited to see all the illegal fireworks going off and kept saying "pretty, pretty." That all quickly stopped when the big loud ones began. He covered his eyes half the time, and the other half his face was buried in my shoulder.




We topped the night off with a few fireworks we picked up at a stand. Connor loved holding and waving the sparklers and would say "again, again" when they would burn out. We had a great 4th.

8 comments:

Al and Ash said...

So cute! I'm glad that you guys had fun. Tell connor to stop growing...it's not good for him ;)

Neal said...

That last picture looks like a mini-ryan to me.
Sounds like you guys had quite a day!!! Even with the slapping. I'm glad Ryan and Nate tracked her down and gave her a soaking!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

oh man those pictures are horrible of me. I thought we were friends, but friends don't post ugly pictures of other friends. I looked like I got slapped in the face or something. . .

Erin said...

How fun. I love that the boys chased down the lady to spray her in the face. How old was she? For some reason I imagine a 40-45 year old woman, which makes it even better.

idaho grandma said...

sorry about the paint episode....hopefully you can find something today that you will really love. Good luck. That is sooo frustrating. Painting is bad enough the first time let alone having to do it again. Looks like the parade was fun until the end. I wouldn't like the all-out water fight though. How old was the lady? Was she getting back at Kim for getting her wet? Glad the guys tracked her down. I guess if that was the reason she slapped her, she shouldn't have been there in the first place or should have left before it got wild!!!! The photos of Connor are so funny. But in the last one...he looks exactly like Ryan did at that age. It was like looking at a picture of Ryan. I didn't see that when we were there, but boy he sure looks like his daddy in that picture. Glad you had a fun weekend and are liking your new ward. love you guys.....

Erica said...

What a fun 4th! And crazy parade lady! I am so jealous of your young fun ward! Vegas is great for that! Good luck with paint colors! It can be so tricky! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nic and Bekka said...

Steph! I'm so excited for you guys and your new house! I can't wait until we make it to Vegas again so we can see the inside this time :). I hope everything is going well. I miss you!!

Justin said...

Connor looks SO BIG in these pictures!! What a cutie pie!! I just want him and Jack to play so bad. What a brave little boy with the sparklers! Jack was SO EXCITED for them until we lit one that he was holding and he freaked out. It looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to see pictures of the inside of your house and all of your projects!
~Stacey