Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Snicker Doodles and "Baby Brain"

lately i have noticed that a lot of people have been posting good recipes on their blogs, and i love it. sometimes i feel that i just make the same things over and over again because i know that we will like them; so it is wonderful to get new recipe ideas. well, i thought that maybe i should share the BEST, BEST, BEST, Snicker Doodle recipe EVER!

  1. 1 c. butter (2 sticks)

  2. 1 1/2 c. sugar

  3. 2 eggs

  4. 2 3/4 c. flour

  5. 2 tsp cream of tartar

  6. 1 tsp baking soda

  7. 1/4 tsp salt

roll into 1 inch thick balls ( i like to make them bigger) coat dough in the following mixture: 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnomon- mixture for rolling balls in


Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 mins

Baby Brain:

a few weeks ago i started making these snicker doodles and prior to making them i had decided to double the recipe. i finished mixing the ingredients and tried to roll the dough into balls...but the dough was strange and sticky. i looked back and realized that the only thing I doubled in the whole recipe was the BUTTER! I thought okay, no big deal, i will just go back and double everything else, and so i did. the dough had a much better consistency and smelled just about right. i made a dozen, and took them out of the oven .....hhhhhhhmmmmm...... as hard as a rock! what happened???? well, about three days later, still pondering why it didn't work, i pulled out my egg carton and realized that only two eggs were missing. when doubling the recipe, four eggs should have been used! WOW, i am going to chalk this one up to "BABY BRAIN"...but we all know it's just me being my regular self, baby or not!

6 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

haha, but let's be a little honest here...give this one up to the baby brain. seriously, it doesn't end there...

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh man Steph! That is too funny! That is totally something I would do with or with out the baby brain as well. I swear I have done stuff like that so many times. I think it gets worse after you have the baby. Or maybe I'm just dumb. :) So you better watch out! I can't wait to try this recipe. Hopefully I do it the right way!

Justin and Stacey said...

That is so funny! I know that Stacey had a few of those moments when she was pregnant. Sometimes after she said something funny like that we would just look at each other and laugh forever. I fear that I am becoming more and more like my dad everyday and we all know that he has more than enough of those moments!

Daija said...

I totally understand, except I don't have a baby to blame it on. I once put brown sugar in the microwave to soften and completely forgot about it. Those cookies didn't taste very good and I couldn't figure out why. A couple of hours later, I opened the microwave and there was my missing ingredient. :)

Justin and Stacey said...

Steph...sad news about the shoes!! Did you hear that Denise got two pairs??! Maybe she should be nice and share with you! :)

kimberlee shaffer said...

hate to tell you but baby brain doesn't get better. . .it gets worse!! thanks for the recipe it looks yummy!! Are you in labor yet????