Sunday, April 20, 2008

and the new ward calling is....drum roll please.....

beehive advisor! i am super excited. my mom was in young women's for a really long time, she's taught every group of girls, and has come up with a saying about each group;

bouncy beehives, (just starting junior high, glad to be out of elementary school and primary, and full of energy)
moody mia maids, (man i remember 14-15 was a tough age! starting high school, new cliques forming; friends that were friends suddenly aren't anymore)
and lovely laurels, (high school cliques established and found their place, friends and personality)

however, i think all the girls in our young women's are great and lovely! i am really excited and looking forward to this opportunity to serve the beautiful young women of the church.

11 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

The Yw in your ward are so lucky to get you. I'm currently working with the "lovely laurels" in my ward. It has been fun. One of them has become my official babysitter. It's about to come to an end when we move into our new home.

Kristi Clinger said...

By the way, I love the new look to your blog. I love the header. How do you change it and add multiple photos?

Jeri Call said...

I LOVED serving in Young Women's. I was the Mia maid/Laurel advisor for 2 years. It was a really fun calling. I was sad to go but Aaron is the Young Men's president and so he couldn't take Hannah 3rd hour and I just couldn't teach with her in the room.

Cassie said...

that is my dream calling!! I have always wanted to be in YW since my advisors were the greatest, I loved YW and want to be that kind of role model for girls someday!! You will be so great! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

well, am I frustrated or what!!! I just moved my mouse and my comment disappeared. Okay for the 3rd time..Congratulations on your new calling. You will be awesome and the girls will love you. I was the Beehive Counselor when Stephanie was a Beehive and I really enjoyed it. You will be a great role model for the girls and someone they can look up to. I bet you are sad to be released from you permament substitute calling in Primary!!! Love you all, Mom H.

Justin and Stacey said...

Congrats Steph...you will do great!

Jenn Shields said...

That is so awesome! You will have so much fun with the girls in our ward. I loved Young Womens growing up. Now, if I can ever get out of primary! jk.

Katy said...

How fun! I have always wanted to work with the young women, but I am almost always teaching. I either must be a really good teacher, or I have something to learn. I teach in RS right now!

Sherwoods said...

How fun! I teach the beehives in my ward and I love it. You'll be great!

Michael and Megan said...

I'm so jealous! We just got called to be ward missionaries. I was joking with Michael and I said I would love anything but ward missionary! Enjoy YW for me!x

Karlee said...

Okay, so I know this is TOTALLY random but I have been looking for swimsuits this year--especially since my body isn't what it used to be--and I decided to go on a search of the jessica simpson swimsuit you were talking about! I don't know if you have found it or not but I found where you can order it it's called the Marilyn Retro and even has "tummy control" (LOVE THAT!). It is out of stock right now but maybe keep checking back because they say it's REALLY popular or maybe some other site has it...check out this website: http://www.iloveswimwear.com/xji1.html GOOD LUCK and let me know if you find it anywhere else where it IS in stock!