Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Nightmare Arriving by the Dozens

We woke up to these babies lining up this morning at 7am sharp. The nightmare has begun. they are starting the last phase of our neighborhood. When we moved into our house we were glad no one lived behind us, and were lucky for a year and a half. Our luck has run out...
Connors nap schedule from today:
wake up: 8:20am cement trucks woke him up (normally awakes at 9am)
Nap: 9:40-10:15am- cement trucks woke him up (normally 2-3 hours)
Nap: 11:40-12:20 dump trucks woke him up (normally 1-2 hours)
Nap: 2:50-3:05 cement trucks woke him up again! (normally 2-3 hours)
total nap time: 1 hour 30 mins
What a NIGHTMARE the next 6 months will be (or however long it takes to build a house).

5 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh man, that is horrible! Poor little Connor. Jack had to deal with a lot of noise since we moved here when he was only two months old. There are ambulances and fire trucks that scream through our intersection ALL the time. Luckily he is used to it and it doesn't wake him up. Hopefully Connor will get used to the construction noise and get back to his regular schedule!

Neal said...

Poor little fella:( Perhaps its better for Steph to go back to work? He might get more sleep there;)

John and Ashley Sellers said...

Oh man I couldn't believe how many concrete trucks were out there this morning. I was lucky Brendyn still slept until 8:30. I think because his humidifier was on and it's really loud so it droned out the trucks. I couldn't sleep though since I’m such a light sleeper. Grr this is probably only the beginning.

Jeri Call said...

Oh I remember those days. We moved into our house in the first phase so we got to listen to all the other houses being build. You learn to deal with the noise, give Connor a week and he will sleep through it.

Denisse said...

That doesn't sound like fun at all!! I love when my kids take their nap because then I can do stuff around the house and just relax for a couple of hours!!!!! Hopefully Connor will get used to it...hopefully!!!:)