Friday, March 21, 2008

Where it All Began 5 Years Ago...












When we were visiting Rexburg last week we drove by our old apartment complexes from our single days; Ry lived in Alpine (I always thought Alpine had the best looking, and nicest guys) and I lived in Colonial. I began to think back how long ago we started dating and I realized, it was 5 years ago this month. So I decided to reminisce a little about our dating days...


Jackson Hole




Idaho Falls




I have a funny story to go along with this day. This picture was taken on mothers day. Ry's brother Justin was on a mission in Guatemala and called to wish his mom happy mothers day. We were all downstairs, Justin was on loud speaker and everyone was talking to him. The subject of Ryan dating someone (me) came up and Justin asked ...so are you going to marry this girl... that subject had never been discussed between us and the "L" word hadn't been said... long pause and everyone looked around and didn't know what to say...Ryan not knowing what to say said, "i don't know? "Awkward! We laugh about it now. It ended up being a good thing, it was the ice breaker for us! Thanks justie.



Rigby Lake



Football Game


And the rest is history....

10 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

Those are cute pictures! I can't believe how little Jaxson is in that Mother's Day one. I have never heard that story before! How funny. It is crazy how fast time goes by. I was going through some of my stuff and I found our tickets to the Jazz game. You know, the one where we had really good seats?? :) It was four years ago this fall...crazy!

Justin and Stacey said...

I knew what I was doing :) I was definitely inspired to ask that question!! Look what has happened all because I opened my big mouth :)

-Justie

Ash & Tim said...

Wow I can't believe it has been 5 years. That is crazy - you old people. Well not you just Ry :) Cute pictures- looks like fun!

Andrew said...

So I couldn't help but notice all the pictures of Ryan. I've been reading over your blog and remembered the comment you left Stephanie about how Ryan was always considered the white hat guy before you met. Well...looking at the pictures proves it. White hat after white hat. Haha Anyways, hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in a few weeks.

Neal said...

SERIOUSLY!!!! Whats with nothing but white hats man? And it doesn't even seem to get dirty! Whats your secret?:)
Its fun seeing how much younger you guys look in some of these pictures!

Kristi Clinger said...

It was fun to read about your courtship. I'm sure it was fun to visit rexburg again. I loved the video of him just giggling. Did you ever know that you were that funny or funny looking?

camandholls said...

SO we were in Rexburg last week too, for my brothers wedding. Dang it, I wish we would have known that you guys were there too, we could have got together.

It was so funny because Cams brother lives at Alpine and my sister lives at colonial. So we went and hung out at their apartments with them, it was like old times,but we felt like old timers.

Lyndsie Field said...

rexburg!! those were the days! i have so many great memories of that place!
and little connors laughing is soooo cute! you can't help but smile when you hear that! :)

Denisse said...

Steph, this is the cutest post!!! You guys are so cute! It's funny Ryan is wearing his white hat in all of the pics!!!!!!:) You look so cute in all the pictures!!! Scott and I LOVE reminiscing about how we met and how everything evolved...it's so fun! Can you believe all this happened 5 years ago???? And now you have a little Connor!!!!:)

Dan and Heather said...

I totally took that picture of you guys in Jackson Hole! We were on a double date- I was with Becca. Too funny.