Several weeks ago we booked tickets to Ryan's hometown, Idaho Falls, to visit his family! We planned it with only Ryan's dad so his mom didn't know. Friday afternoon we arrived and had his grandparents pick us up from the airport. They took us over to his dads office, but his parent were at lunch. We decided to go grab a bite as well then head back over to the office for the surprise. The closest place was Wendy's, we pulled up and guess whose car was parked there as well, you guessed it, his parents. So we decided to carry out our devised plan at Wendy's instead. We wrapped Connor up in a blanket and gave him to Ryan's grandpa Al; he went inside and walked up to Ry's mom and said, "look, i found this baby outside." His mom was really confused, Al turned the baby around and she realized it was baby connor!!!!! Of course she cried and everyone in Wendy's was oooohhhhing and aaaahhhhhing! She said she has never been this surprised before. I am not sure what we will do next time to top this.
Connor was fantastic on the flight he slept the whole way!
Us at the Idaho Falls airport, it was so cold...I forgot that just because it's spring at our house doesn't mean that it's spring everywhere. it was pretty cold there, but that didn't slow down our fun.

connor and grandma, i don't think she ever stopped smiling all weekend. Connor got so spoiled, he never got put down. i am going to have to reverse all this attention he got.

we were so sad that we moved away before the rexburg temple was finished. it was fun to see the finished product. of course we had to drive through our old apt complex too. sometimes i miss our cute little apt. i can't believe all the new town homes on pioneer road. the new married student stake center is huge! we were laughing because we remembered when the stake president announced the location for the stake center; it was at stake conference and he lost his train of thought and said it was going to go on the corner of "Mariah and Carey". that was not the cross streets for it, he got the Mariah street right, and apparently the singer Mariah Carey must have been on his mind, hahaha!

We all went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.... the ribs weren't has good as they use to be, but the rolls are still the best on earth!

Ryan's sweet grandparents; AKA the plan devisers to surprise denise!
Ryan's cousin Melissa just had a baby 2 weeks ago and she blessed her baby on sunday. he is such a cutie pie i can't hardly stand it!!!! we went to the luncheon and melissa's sister-in-laws (i think that's who these babies belong to) just had babies as well. One was born Feb 13th, Mar 3rd and Melissa's was born March 4th (the far right baby). These little babies were lined up sleeping and i couldn't resist taking this picture (i hope they don't mind i am posting their babies on the internet!)
We had a great weekend and we are so glad we had a chance to go and visit friends (thanks for letting us stop by Russ and Katy) and family. Now we are looking forward to the end of the month when we get to go to Utah to visit more of Ry's family at his sisters house (for his nephews baptism) and visit my family who will be in town from california as well visiting my little sister who is going to school at BYU. I can't wait....yeah! (ash, ry said he wants to play paint balloon capture the flag with you guys!)
6 comments:
WOW!!! Busy indeed! When did you guys find the time to rest?
I am so glad you guys had a great time and I love the story on how you surprised Ryans mother! What an awesome weekend:)
I know that you were interested in this a while ago, I thought that this was a great article....give it a read! http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller15.html
okay reading almost made me cry!! I love surprising people. I also miss our little apt. in utah, back when things were simple. Those were the best times! Glad you had such a fun weekend.
WOW!!! what a great post. Thanks so much for the awesome weekend. I don't think you can ever top that surprise!!! It was the very best!!! We sure had a great time with you guys and loved spending time with our little Connor. What a great baby. He is so good and is getting such a darling personality. We love having him reach up for us when we go to pick him up. Hope he is really missing us a ton as we are him (and you guys too). We are excited to see you next week in Utah. Glad he was good on the plane and all was well at home. Love you tons....Mom H.
I can't believe you were in Idaho Falls and we didn't know this. I guess it is ok we can forgive you this time since we will see you in a couple weeks at Adam and Stephanie's. I am not sure which Ash you are talking to but tell ry that paint balloon capture the flag sounds a little messy but I am sure Tim would be up for it. Sounds like you have had a great weekend we can't wait to see ya!
Yay! That sounds like so much fun! I bet Denise was so happy to see you guys!!! and Bob too of course!!! I wish you would have called me when you were in Rexburg to show off your little Connor! We would have loved playing with him!!!! He just gets cuter and cuter by the second!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!!!!
Post a Comment