Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hotdog, hotdog, hot diggitty dog...

....This is the tune we sang upon arriving at the happiest place on earth. According to Connor all of Disneyland is "Mickey Mouse's house." To say we were excited to go to Disneyland is an understatement! When we pulled into the parking garage and saw lines of cars at the toll booths we got pretty nervous that Disneyland was going to be busy. But we were pleasantly surprised that we really never waited more than ten minutes for a ride, and even walked right on to most!!! We covered A LOT of ground in the one short day we spent there, but luckily we did most everything we wanted to! Thanks to "Give a day, get a day" Justin, Stacey and I got in for free :). I am so convinced that you are never too old for Disneyland (which is good thing because that is how we celebrated RYAN'S 30th BIRTHDAY!) This is going to be picture overload, but we just did so much at Disneyland I don't want to leave anything out!

On the tram heading to the gates! The weather was so perfect that day, we lucked out big time!

The boys were so cute about all the Disney characters! They weren't the least bit scared of them!!! They'd run right up to them and give them five or hug them. Connor was super funny he could hardly take his eye's off of them long enough to take a picture. One character Connor really wanted to see was Donald Duck, I was bummed we never found him. However, Connor is pretty convinced he saw Donald because if you ask him what was his favorite character he saw he will tell you it's Donald.


Halfway through the day we headed over to California Adventure to hit up a few rides and the Pixar Parade! We did a little splitting up and Ryan and I took the boys over to Bugs Life and did a couple rides while the other guys did Tower of Terror. Everyone loved Tower of Terror (including Stacey, but she will never admit to it....I know she secretly loved it!)

Here we are waiting for the Parade to begin! Can you see the excitement on their faces! They loved the parade so much! It was so fun to see all the characters from the movies they love right now like; Cars, Monsters Inc. and Toy Story.



6 comments:

Katy said...

Wow it looks like you guys had TOO much fun! You sure did cram a lot into a few short days. I am glad Bob and Denise could surprise Ryan.

Justin said...

Loved Disneyland, loved your post...did NOT love Tower of Terror! :) Haha...I did not secretly like it Stephanie!! Next time we go, I will not be riding on it. I think I will stick with Dumbo :)
~Stacey

Rachel said...

I am so jealous! Seriously! Alexis just took her two girls to Disneyland, too, and they had a blast. No one is EVER too old to go to Disneyland.

But thanks to you, I have that stupid Hot Dog song stuck in my head. I usually have to mute it by the time it comes on at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Ugh!

Alexis said...

When were you guys there? I wonder if we just missed eachother or if we were there the same time?

Neal said...

Holy cow...what a busy day! I can't believe you drove out and did all that and back to Vegas in the same day. WOW...

idaho grandma said...

We had soooo much fun. Looking at the post makes us remember just how much fun we had. You guys are the best hosts ever and thanks so much for everything. The Disney trip was priceless and we enjoyed so much spending it with our kids and grandkids. So glad we pulled it off and surprised Ryan. That was awesome too. Love you guys and hope to see you soon....Love mom